Effective January 1, 2020; 100% of the polyethylene terephthalate (“PET”) production facilities in Wilton, United Kingdom, formerly known as Lotte Chemical UK Limited, have been acquired by a subsidiary of Alpek, S.A.B. de C.V. (“Alpek”).
The new business will operate under the Alpek Polyester family of businesses as the legal entity “Alpek Polyester UK Ltd”. The Alpek Polyester family is excited about the addition of the Alpek Polyester UK – Wilton Site as the acquisition marks the first PET production capacity outside of the Americas.
The acquisition aligns with Alpek’s growth strategy, creating substantial value by integrating the assets and expanding the global footprint of the Alpek Polyester business to a worldwide PET capacity of over 2.8 million tons, across 6 countries and 15 facilities with over 4,800 dedicated employees.
Alpek Polyester’s goal is to continue PET production onsite and to meet or exceed the requirements of customers and the market. Our team is focused on executing a seamless transition and integration to capitalize on existing momentum and capture synergies.
Alpek Polyester looks forward to continuing the valued relationships that are currently in place with you through the Wilton Site. We look forward to building upon those relationships.
If you already have a business relationship with the Alpek Polyester family through our numerous PET operations in the Americas, including DAK Americas in the U.S., Mexico and Argentina, PQS in Brazil or Compagnie Selenis Canada; we look forward to continuing to work with you as we integrate the Wilton Site into the family.
Effective January 1 2020 Alpek Polyester UK Ltd. will assume all responsibilities for the Wilton Site and will begin the transition to Alpek Polyester processes and strategies. During the transition period:
- PET Resin sales contacts for the Wilton Site will remain the same. All sales orders will be executed with Alpek Polyester.
- All PO inquiries should continue to be directed to the current procurement contact that you have been utilizing at the Wilton Site.
- All Payments for purchased PET Resins should be directed to Alpek Polyester UK Ltd.
- All Purchase Orders (POs) for the Wilton Site to suppliers will be issued by Alpek Polyester UK Ltd.
- Invoices for purchase orders issued by Alpek Polyester UK Ltd. should be directed to:Alpek Polyester UK Ltd., Davies Office, Wilton International, Redcar, Cleveland TS10 4XZ
For more information on the global Integrated businesses of Alpek Polyester please click here:.